Please note a link to sign-up for chaperone duty was sent out in October.
Please sign-up for the 2023-2024 Chaperone Duty at the New Canaan Winter Club, click here to access the Sign Up Genius. All members with children between and including the ages of 9 and 15 are required to chaperone one General Skating evening during the season for either the Friday (8:00-10:00 pm) or Saturday (8:10-10:00 pm). Thank you for your support to keep this great opportunity for our skaters a continued tradition.
- All members with children between and including the ages of 9 and 15, with the exception of Limited Members, present members of the Board of Governors, and designated travel hockey coaches are required to chaperone one evening during the general skating hours. In families where two adults are listed as members, both adults are required to be present for chaperone duty. Failure to report for chaperone duty will result in a $250 fine.
- Chaperones should arrive 10 minutes before general skating begins on Friday and Saturday evenings. Head Chaperones must introduce all the chaperones to one another, sign everyone in the Chaperone Duty Book and note whether or not there are substitutes for other families.
- Each child must register his or her name and telephone number in the Friday/Saturday General Skate Log Book. Every child’s hand will be stamped with a member color, which will rotate each weekend. Children will not be allowed on the ice unless they have a stamp on their hand.
- Guests must be signed in at the guest table by an ADULT member. Guests may not sign themselves in nor can they be signed in by a child. Guests will be given a colored wristband, which will rotate each weekend. AN INDIVIDUAL GUEST MAY NOT USE THE CLUB MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN A SINGLE MONTH.
- There should be a chaperone posted at each of the entry doors onto the rink during general skating to check for stamped hands.
- Chaperones are encouraged to bring skates and be on the ice to help chaperone activities. Hardon Pond must be closely supervised and checked regularly when open for skating.
- One chaperone must make a periodic check of the perimeter, parking lot, Zamboni hut, pond, and bushes. Alert the Rink Manager or another member of the NCWC staff on duty to any problems.
- One chaperone must remain at the Club until the last child is picked up. If a child is picked up 15 minutes late, the member will be assessed a $20 fine. If a child is picked up after 10:45 p.m., the fine is raised to $100.
- Children who are found roaming outside the parking lot or going off the premises will have their parents notified and will be asked to leave the general skate for the remainder of the evening.
- Please alert the Rink Manager to any problems.